Thursday 14 August 2014

Time to start writing again (Take 2)

In 2010, I began this blog with the loftiest of intentions.  I was going to write about all the issues that were important to me and I hoped that my pieces would begin to matter to other people.  I would take the blogging world by storm!  Instead, here we are four years later, with 4 short compositions published and three drafts partially written, waiting in the wings.  It's easy to point to life - a move, an engagement, a wedding, a surgery, two immigration processes - but that's a cop-out.  I will spend hours reading and researching to craft the perfect post or response to a comment on facebook, which is time I should have used to cultivate my own writing.

As my husband and I count down until our move to the United States, I've started looking at jobs on the market, many of which require a writing sample.  Obviously, I am out of practice.  So my plan is to revive this blog (or, more accurately, actually write for this blog) and ask for constructive feedback from all of you.  Watch this space for articles about anything and everything: Israel, healthcare, women's issues, elections, religion, etc. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Always interested in what you have to say. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love when you post articles on Facebook with your opinions attached! You are so bright and I would love to hear what else you have to say :-) Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete